A Sacrament; Ill City

Hej friends,

let us talk about Her Bright Skies. What do you think? Which one of the current band members was not there from the beginning but replaced one?

Photo: Maria Janzon

It is... Joakim Karlsson also known as Jolle, the bass-guitarist and vocals. He joined the band in the place of Albin Blomqvist - who was also responsible for the bass and vocals back then - between 2008 and 2009.

Photo: Tumblr
A little joke in between: Niclas Sjöstedt (2nd from l.) looks like a completely other person 
without the mustache and light hair - you could at least recognize him from his eyes - that is
why I thought they exchanged him.

[Side note: the drummar Jonas Gudmunson (2nd from r.) announced that the left the band as well in January 2014 with the following message: "Hey! I just want to take the time to thank you all for the support for me and the band. I hope you will continue to support them as good as this and that no matter who replaces me. Thank you for all the years. I am going to miss you all! Jonas." - a very lovely goodbye and I suppose I speak in the name of all the fans.]

Let us stay in the year 2008 and with Albin (from l.), he released one of three albums with the band named "A Sacrament; Ill City" and about this work I want to talk with you today.


What is the first impression you get when you hold this album in your hands...? Well my first impression was endless thankfulness to my little sister who surprised me with this album when she was here. Later on when you take a closer look at it you get to feel the gloomy mood and the deep emotions that are hidden under the lyrics of each song written by Petter Nilsson also known as Pete (from r.).


The coolness (of feelings) make you shiver with every single song. It is a longing and desperation that wants to be let out nearly a revolution of a non-working system. 

All in all it is a very strong album from which I hardly can choose a favorite song. However if I had to choose I would pick the intro "The Ill City", "Burn All The Small Towns" (great now I could start naming all...), "This Is Who We Are", "Come Serenity", "Serenade Of Dreams", "Cold Swedish Winter" and "I Love The Bomb"

Got curious? Do not forget to check them out.

Xoxo ♥ Johanna

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

You might also Fall4:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...