summer is officially over let us give autumn a warm welcome with memories from summer. Having this in mind I want to share my holiday experiences from late August with you. I have been at the Mosel-river-region in Rhineland-Palatinate which is located in West-Germany. We have had the almost perfect with never ending hot sunshine and not a single breeze.
I have collected 14 reasons for you to spend your next holiday at the Mosel-river-region:
1.) If you travel early in the morning you have the chance to observe the sunrise
- there is no better reason to get up early.
2.) You can observe the Mosel-River-ribbons live
- among others from the train.
- otherwise the so called Panorama-Street.
3.) You can view the little villages from above
4.) It is the origin-region of white wine
- Cheers! Every week you can find a wine street-festival in one of the villages
5.) You are connected to the nature and you can swim in a vulcano
- so far I have not experienced another place where you are so much connected to the nature. In this case the so called maars (Maare): the wood-maar (Holzmaar) and the powder-maar (Pulvermaar) - a former vulcano that is used as an outdoor swimming pool nowadays.
- the nature is so clear that the water reflects the trees.
6.) You can visit the Dr. Oetker factory
- it always smells like vanilla there.
7.) You can still find old castles all over the Mosel-river-region
8.) The architectures of the villages completely differ from the typical famous buildings of the big cities
- but mostly they are what strangers fall in love with more.
9.) Trier: the most idyllic city
- famous to stay at a health resort.
10.) As the former Roman capital it is one of the most holy (katholic) cities
- the heritage is kept in every corner of the city until nowadays.
11.) THE cathedral in which the holy tunic of Jesus Christ is kept is in Trier
- once a year you can touch the box and wish for something with its holy power.
12.) The Porta Nigra is yet not restored
- visit it in any way.
13.) Once you see the palace of Trier you are feeling to be in St. Petersburg or Tallinn.
14.) If you are coming from North-Germany and travelling by train you can see the dom-cathedral of Cologne
- and a teaser of how beautiful the city is.
I hope you have had an as relaxing and beautiful summer as I had and have collected lots of positive energy for the coming autumn/winter season.
Xoxo ♥ Johanna